Cheese and Wine Pairing
Let us help you make your cheese board the STAR of the evening. Or perhaps the entire meal!
Joe and Petra combine their skills to give you a stimulating afternoon with two of France’s most loved products: WINE and CHEESE.
The morning course…
We start at 10am with a class on how to plan the perfect cheeseboard, what cheeses to choose and how to add some stunning home-made creations, including your own homemade cheese, thyme jelly and other delights. At 11.30am Joe gives a tutored wine tasting of local wines – how to choose the wine and how to serve it. At 1pm we sit down to a wine-cheese pairing lunch.
The afternoon course…
We start at 3pm with a class on how to plan the perfect cheeseboard, what cheeses to choose and how to add some magnificent creations (including your own homemade cheese, light herbal jellies and other delights).. At 4.30pm Joe gives an in-depth tutored wine tasting of local wines.. And we finish finish with a cheese and wine-pairing apéritif.
This course costs 120€ per person.
We need a minimum of 6 people, and cater for a maximum of 8.
What is included:
- how to plan a cheeseboard
- why and how to choose particular cheeses
- portion size
- cheese étiquette
- bread or biscuits?
- creative accompaniments – herbal jellies and preserves, membrillo pastes, olive oil, fruits and nuts
- serving suggestions for singular cheeses
- crimes against cheese – the do’s and don’ts
- an expertly tutored wine tasting
- how to pair a cheese with wine