Cheese and Wine Pairing
Let us help you make your cheese board the STAR of the meal.. Or perhaps the entire meal!
Joe and Petra combine their skills to give you a stimulating afternoon with two of France’s most loved products: WINE and CHEESE.
MORNING COURSE: We start at 10am with a class on how to plan the perfect cheeseboard, what cheeses to choose and how to add some stunning creations, including your own homemade cheese. At 11.30am Joe gives a tutored wine tasting of local wines.. And at 1pm we sit down to a wine-cheese pairing lunch
AFTERNOON COURSE: We start at 3pm with a class on how to plan the perfect cheeseboard, what cheeses to choose and how to add some magnificent creations (including your own homemade cheese).. At 4.30pm Joe gives an in-depth tutored wine tasting of local wines.. And we finish finish with a cheese and wine-pairing apéritif.
This course costs 120€ per person.
We need a minimum of 6 people, and cater for a maximum of 8.
What is included:
- how to plan a cheeseboard
- why choose particular cheeses
- portion size
- cheese étiquette
- bread or biscuits?
- creative accompaniments – herbal jellies and preserves, membrillo pastes, olive oil, fruits and nuts
- serving suggestions
- crimes against cheese – do’s and don’ts
- an expertly tutored wine tasting
- how to pair a cheese with wine