LE PISTOU Cooking School – UZES
Fresh Market Produce
What better place to BE INSPIRED TO COOK than in the South of France, where food is closely linked to land and sea, and where the sun-drenched ingredients simply burst with flavour and colour!
Right in the heart of the picturesque and ANCIENT MARKET TOWN of Uzès, on the edge of Provence, LE PISTOU COOKING SCHOOL offers a range of achievable, authentic Provençal cooking courses.
Some of our dishes hail from the CAMARGUE, land of COWBOYS, HORSES and BULLS, some from our FISHING PORTS and others from the MOUNTAINOUS HINTERLAND. Now how could you possibly resist that?
Classes are given ON DEMAND and BY RESERVATION. We need a minimum of 4 participants to run a course and numbers are limited to 8 people.
Starting at 9.30am, the hands-on cooking sessions take a minimum of 3 hours – after which we sit down to a relaxed lunch with a glass (or 3) of wine.
Most courses cost €120 PER PERSON, though some cost a little more (after all truffles and fish cost more than leeks!) And depending on available space, it may be possible to invite a non-participating partner for lunch afterwards – this costs 40€ per person all inclusive. No need to bring anything but yourself – everything else is included.
Our recipes reflect mellow Provençal moods – ideal for relaxed entertaining – and they constantly change with the seasons. But our recipes are also chosen to teach you valuable KNIFE-SKILLS, PREPPING-TECHNIQUES and different COOKING-METHODS. You will learn how to ADAPT the recipes to different ingredients and changing seasons, and you will take home copies of all the recipes, checklists and tasting notes you might need to practice your newly acquired skills. Once you’ve made them once (or twice) following my recipe, I hope you’ll MAKE THESE DISHES YOUR OWN by adapting them to your own personal taste.. After all, that’s what CREATIVE COOKING is all about.
How it all came to be...
– Running TENTED SAFARI CAMPS in the wilds of Tanzania in my early twenties introduced me to looking after people and ensuring they are having a good time..
– A CHEF’S TRAINING COURSE founded my knowledge of cooking..
– 30 years of CHEFFING and FOOD-WRITING confirms my interest and experience in food.. it taught me how to WRITE RECIPES, BE CREATIVE with food and how to make beautiful images.. but more importantly, it taught me how best to SHARE MY KNOWLEDGE..
– Membership of the Irish and English FOOD WRITERS’ GUILDS acknowledged my efforts and COMMITMENT to HONEST and AUTHENTIC food..
– A BA in FINE ART validated my life-long interest in art and guided me in my more creative decisions, which led me to buying and restoring a huge rambling old house near Narbonne in 2004 – which I subsequently ran as a B&B..
– For 10 years I ran COOKING and ART COURSES from this house, but as the B&B got busier I found there was less time for my most ardent passions – COOKING and ART. So I sold up in 2013 and moved east towards Provence.
– I have since settled in the beautiful Roman/Medieval MARKET TOWN of UZES where I run a cooking school (and continue to paint for fun).