Links to food, wine, culture…
For links to inspiring websites, articles and programmes about UZES click on:
– documentary on UZES market, its producers and France’s youngest Michelin-starred chef
– general Uzes Tourist Information
– a New York Times article about Uzes
– Truffle farmer Michel Tournayre of Les Truffiers d’Uzes
– L’Atelier du Cafe – an artisan coffee roaster:
For links to recommended ACCOMMODATION in and around Uzes check out:
– Spacious, elegant apartment overlooking Place aux Herbes, historic centre of Uzes
– Mas d’Oléandre – stunning Provencal farmhouse offering 3 classy gites just outside Uzes
– Hotel Entraigues – modern design in an ancient building, beside the cathedral in Uzes
– La Taverne – a small and modest, family-run hotel, centre Uzes
– Maison de la Bourgade a family-run B&B and gite business in Uzes
– Mas d’Augustine – luxury Chambres d’Hotes @ La Bruguiere, 20 minutes from Uzes
To check out recommended RESTAURANTS in and around Uzes, click on:
– Ma Cantine 22 Bd Gambetta – traditional food and great wine list
– La Maison d’Uzes one Michelin star, 18 Rue du Docteur Blanchard
– Piano Piano, 1 Boulevard Victor Hugo, Uzes
– Bec à Vin 6 Rue Entre les Tours
– Comptoir du 7, 5 Boulevard Charles Gide
– Les deux frères d’Uzes, 5 Bd Charles Gide – simple food and a good wine list
Interested in OUTDOOR SPORTS ?
For high-quality and personal guided and self-guided cycling tours see 44|5 Cycling Tours
If you live in Ireland and love LANGUEDOC WINES, a visit to the website of the BLUFFEURS WINE CLUB is a must! Here you’ll find some of the very best Languedoc wines – carefully selected by the Club’s engaging founder Harry Woolfson – and all at unbelievably reasonable prices.
Mr Woolfson also organises highly personalised WINE TRIPS to the Languedoc every year. Contact him to find out where this year’s visit is planned!
For more holiday activities here and elsewhere, check out Marsbrook Holiday Ideas.
CARCASSONNE and in search of foodie inspiration? Heather Hayes runs professional cookery courses from her cookery school near Trèbes. Check out Canal du Midi Cooking.
For all manner of useful tourist information on the Languedoc click on Creme de Languedoc. And for a great website on anything French check out About France